Some of our favorite places
People often ask where we like to dive, or for recommendations in certain areas. We’ve listed some of the places we’ve been and who we dove with in each. Check out our faves below…
The Graveyard of the Atlantic! Tons of wrecks and sandtiger sharks. Great for advanced divers.
From deep wrecks to shallow, beautiful reefs, Florida diving has something for everyone.
- Pura Vida Divers – West Palm Beach/Riveria Beach
- South Florida Diving Headquarters – Pompano Beach
- Conch Republic Divers – Tavernier Key
- Rainbow Reef – Key Largo
- Lost Reef Adventures – Key West
- Captain’s Corner – Key West
- Captain Hook’s – Marathon Key
Ready to explore kelp forests? Looking to encounter sea lions? Brush up on your navigation skills and be ready for cooler water off of California’s coast.
Volcanoes, surfing and the famous manta night dives. Here are some of Allison’s picks for top shops.
- Kona Honu Divers – Big Island
- Pacific Rim Divers – Big Island
- Kona Diving Company – Big Island
- Lahaina Divers – Maui
- Ambergris Divers – San Pedro
It’s the Bermuda Triangle, people! Lots of easy, shallow wrecks, the northern-most coral reef in the Atlantic and its close proximity to the US make it a great weekend getaway.
- Undersea Tobago – Crown Point (Coco Reef Resort)
Turks & Caicos
- Dive Provo – Providenciales
Known for beautiful reefs and walls, the Kittiwake wreck and Stingray City.
- Sunset House & Sunset Divers – Grand Cayman
- Compass Point – Grand Cayman
- Living the Dream Divers – Grand Cayman
Venture off the beaten path and check out the small island of Culebra for some great diving.
- Culebra Divers – Culebra
British Virgin Islands
Looking for an island getaway? Ask Emily!
- Sail Caribbean Divers – four locations
Amazing diving AND incredible topside activities — whale watching, hiking, lounging in geothermal pools…Dominica is amazing!
Diver’s paradise! Easy shore diving and a well-protected marine park makes this one of the top destinations for divers in the Caribbean.
Quick flights and a favorable exchange rate put Mexico at the top of many divers’ lists. Don’t miss the cenotes on the Yucatan, whales sharks off of Isla Mujeres, or sea lions near La Paz!
- Phocea Mexico – Playa del Carmen
- Under the Jungle – Puerto Aventuras
- Aquatic Sports & Expeditions & Hotel Flamingo – Cozumel
- Dreamtime Dive Resort & Forty Cannons hotel – Mahahual
- Fun Baja – La Paz
- Solmar V liveaboard – Socorro islands & Guadalupe island
- Dive Paradise – Cozumel
The Bay Islands of Honduras are home to some spectacular diving!
Diving is just one of the many adventures you can pursue in Costa Rica!
- Rich Coast Diving – Playas del Coco, Guanacaste
Although challenging to get to, you won’t find a better guide to Coiba, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, than Kevan at DBC.
- Dive Base Coiba – Pixvae, Coiba National Park
From the incredible creatures to be found muck diving off of Dumaguete to the incredible hard corals of Apo Island, the Philippines has it all.
- Atlantis Dumaguete – Dumaguete, Negros
- Atlantis Puerto Galera – Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro
- Atlantis Azores liveaboard – Tubbataha, Malapascua, Visayas
Plunging volcanic rainforest slopes meet azure coral lagoons and the Great Astrolabe Barrier Reef, a rare untouched slice of nature unfolds before your eyes. No roads, no noise, no stress. This is the ultimate getaway.
- Matava Eco Resort – Kadavu
Ahh, New Zealand. If you can drag yourself away from hiking and wine tasting, get underwater to see more of its unique fauna and formations.
- Dive Tutukaka – Poor Knights Islands