This isn’t your normal safe second/inflator combo. The SS1 is a fresh innovation on a longtime concept as Atomic engineered a new level of performance. While others prioritize the convenience, Atomic placed equal importance on superior materials, reliability and high-performance natural breathing. The SS1 fits virtually any BCD on the market today and actually breathes like a primary.
AVAILABLE IN TITANIUM OR STAINLESS STEEL
Whether you pair the SS1 with an all-Titanium Atomic T3 primary or any other regulator, choose from Titanium or Stainless Steel SS1 models. Both deliver the highest breathing performance with outstanding corrosion-resistance.
FITS VIRTUALLY ANY BC
One of the most unique features of the SS1 is its adapt-ability to almost any BC. Atomic designed adapters to fit virtually every popular BC brand available (and many that are not). The adapters also include components for at-taching the cable exhaust feature of your existing BC (if applicable).
The SS1 features a quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well. The adapters that fit the SS1 to the BCD are connected to the SS1 with a threaded collar that can be easily unscrewed to detach it completely from the BCD enabling you to carry or store the SS1 with your primary regulator and gauges.
PNEUMATIC & ORAL INFLATION
The SS1 offers pneumatic or oral inflation for buoyancy control and back-up breathing in one small package. Large inflation and deflation buttons make it easy to use the SS1 during a dive. The SS1 is fixed to your BC and falls over the left shoulder. Since the location is fixed and it is constantly being used for inflation, a diver can locate it quickly if air sharing is required.
- Patented Atomic Titanium Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice prevents wear of the low-pressure seat that extends the service interval and improves reliability.
- Titanium lever is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion.
- The SS1 is compatible for EAN mixtures up to 50% Oxygen.
- Integrated flexible purge cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
- High-flow LP hose & disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight.
- Adaptable to a wide variety of BC hoses and sizes. The SS1 can be fitted to virtually any make or model BC. (US Patent No. 6,761,163)
- BC Quick-Disconnect system gives you the option to remove the SS1 from the jacket for transport with your regulator system or use on another BC.
- Large oversized and ergonomically-shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces.
- Low-profile elliptical design allows the body of the SS1 to lie flat against the BC keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.