The LEG3ND ELITE gives divers unprecedented capabilities by providing perfect precision and enhanced ergonomics at your fingertips. Advanced divers appreciate the independent micro adjustments to fine-tune their own individual breathing preferences.
Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung's three anti-freeze properties:
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced) Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention. Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect Overmolded air purge
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably. Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste. The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism Air channel deflector
- Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort
Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
From Scuba Diving Magazine: The third generation may have a new spelling and an updated look, but it’s still the Legend at heart. On the simulator it handily took excellent scores at all our breathing rates and depths, recording the lowest work of breathing in the test. In test dives, it was the only reg to take excellent scores for ease of breathing in normal, face-up and head-down positions. It was also rated excellent for dry breathing in normal and face-up positions, and took very good scores for comfort and noise.