The Apeks XL4+ is a compact lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4+ also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4+ regulator is a high-performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discolouration of the white materials.
|Connections ||Yoke and DIN available|
|Type of first stage ||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type ||One piece forged body|
|Number of HP ports ||2 (7/16" UNF)|
|Number of MP ports ||4 (3/8" UNF)|
|Weight || |
DIN – 905g (2 lb)
Yoke – 1041g (2.3 lb)
|Environmental Dry Kit ||Standard|
|First stage exterior ||Satin|
|Coldwater Use ||Yes|
|Type of second stage ||Pneumatically balanced|
|Opening Effort Control Knob ||No|
|Integrated Venturi Lever ||Yes|
|Exhaust tee ||Standard, one set|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance ||Yes|
|Hose type ||Braided Flexi-hose|
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores ||Avg. 0.90 joules/liter|
|Nitrox compatible ||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.|