The PADI Dive Against Debris Course
Make your divess count! Learn how to conduct your own dives against debris.
The Fun Part
We first find a site that has debris. Then we go about planning our attack and figuring our how to remove what we can. Cataloguing what we find is where we see the true impact of our efforts immediately.
What You Learn
- About marine debris, the damage done, what it is, where it comes from and how divers are part of the solution.
- How to establish a Dive Against Debris® survey, the survey frequency, sites, profiles and equipment. Also the use of photography and knowing what to leave behind. You put this information into practice during two open water dives.
- How to make your survey count. The five easy steps to report the debris you’ve removed to maximize each survey’s benefits.
- How to join the global Project AWARE movement of scuba divers protecting our ocean planet.
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another training organization)
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all your basic scuba gear plus safety equipment for removing debris.
Below, you will find the paperwork necessary to begin this course. Please either drop off or email us a completed copy as soon as possible. We will need to review this prior to the start of your class.
Dive Against Debris Paperwork
Medical Statement Paperwork
Your Next Adventure
Make this classes easier by becoming a PADI Search and Recovery Diver first!