The Tec 50 Course with Blue Planet
The Tec 50 course completes your training as an entry-level tec diver; it is Part 3 of the Tec Deep Diver program.
What You Learn
During the Tec 50 course, you:
- Make actual decompression dives as deep as 50 metres/165 feet
- Use enriched air nitrox and/or oxygen for decompression
- Use desk top decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives
- Qualify to make technical decompression dives independently
The Scuba Gear You'll Use
You’ll use full technical equipment and a technical sidemount configuration, plus two stage/decompression cylinders. Your Tec Deep Instructor may also introduce you to using trimix on the last open water dive.
The Learning Materials You'll Need
The Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to tec diving lingo, emergency procedures, decompression and stage cylinder handling and gas planning. The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact us anytime!
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Tec 45 Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which
- 20 dives must be enriched air dives
- 25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/ 60 feet
- 20 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by your physician