The PADI Divemaster program is the first step into the professional ranks of scuba diving. Working closely with a our PADI Instructors, you will expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What Divemasters can do
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster, you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and nontraining-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Assist an instructor during confined and open water training.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers independently.
- Conduct the Discover Snorkeling program.
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the ReActivate program for certified divers.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or in confined open water.
- Accompany certified PADI Scuba Divers on subsequent dives.
- After completing the corresponding instructor training, conduct Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor and Emergency Oxygen Provider courses.
What you will learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you will learn about procedures and responsibilities through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems, and practice helping others improve their dive skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship and a series of practical training exercises.
- Minimum age: 18
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver certifications (or qualifying certifications)
- 40 logged dives
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within the previous 12 months
We tailor the Divemaster course to your schedule. It can take anywhere from 3 months to a year based on your availability and motivation.