Divers Alert Network
Blue Planet is proud to be a business member of the Diver Alert Network (DAN). DAN is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization that provides emergency medical information and assistance for underwater diving injuries, and promotes and supports underwater diving research and education, particularly as it relates to the improvement of diving safety, medical treatment and first aid.
DAN's safety and first aid classes are renowned as some of the best in the industry. Blue Planet offers a number of them on a regular basis, including:
- Basic Life Support for Dive Professionals
- Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries
- Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- Automated External Defibrillators for Scuba Diving
- On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers
- Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) Program
- Diving Emergency Specialist (DES)
Be prepared. Membership in DAN not only means you are covered by TravelAssist in an emergency, it means you are part of a worldwide network committed to scuba diving safety and injury prevention. For only $35 per year ($55 for a family), your DAN membership supports services and provides benefits that help make you a safer, more informed diver and traveler.
DAN Trip Insurance is a great way to protect yourself in case you have to cancel your trip, return home early, your luggage or travel documents are lost, etc. And the price is based on the cost of your trip. Overall, the DAN Trip Insurance plan cost averages less than $63.00 per $1,000 of coverage.