Divers are lucky: we get to see first-hand the beauty that lies beneath the waves. Who better to serve as the spokespeople for marine species?!
We’ve listed some ways for you to get involved in the fight to protect our oceans (and rivers and lakes). What are you waiting for? Get started below.
- Help stop the cruel practice of shark finning – Humane Society International’s Shark Finning Info Page
- Take action to restore the Gulf of Mexico – The Ocean Conservancy’s Gulf of Mexico Restoration Efforts
- Don’t trash the ocean! Reduce plastic use – Oceana’s Stop the Plastic Pledge
- Things you can do at home to help save the oceans – Tipsheet from Amicus Green Building Center (PDF)
Resources for Divers
- Project AWARE: 10 Tips for Divers to Protect the Ocean Planet
- Popular resources from Project AWARE (Dive Against Debris survey kit, etc.)
- Ten Tips for Underwater Photographers
Organizations Doing Good Work
- Blue Legacy
- Humane Society International
- Marine Stewardship Council
- Ocean Conservancy
- Project AWARE
Have more suggestions? Please send them our way!