If you’re committed to going all the way through Tec 50, Tec Deep is the program for you! By running through all 3 courses in succession, you can maximize your training time and experience. Each dive applies material from previous knowledge development, and builds upon skills mastered through previous dives.
What you will learn
The Tec Deep Diver course goals are:
- to qualify you to make gas-switch, extended no-stop dives; decompression stop dives and accelerated decompression dives using air, enriched air and pure oxygen, to 50 meters/165 feet using the technical diving equipment and procedures required to manage the risks involved.
- to train you in the motor skills required for technical diving.
- to assure you understand and acknowledge the hazards and risks involved with the above types of technical diving, as well as the limits of training received in the course.
- to train you to prepare for and respond to reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of technical diving.
- to provide the foundational skills for further training in technical diving.
- Minimum age: 18
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- PADI Rescue Diver
- PADI Enriched Air Diver
- PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 20 dives to 30 meters/100 feet
- A minimum of 100 logged dives, of which 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters/60 feet and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within the previous 12 months
The Tec Deep course goes through all 12 dives included in the Tec 40, 45 and 50 courses.
You’ll use full technical equipment and you may use a technical sidemount configuration, plus two stage/decompression cylinders. Your Tec Deep Instructor may also introduce you to using trimix on the last open water dive.