Rescue skills — like all dive skills — remain fresh with practice. Fortunately dive accidents are rare, so we aren’t called upon to put our rescue skills to use very often.
Just like your CPR/First Aid certifications, you should plan to refresh your rescue skills every two years. If you are already a certified Rescue Diver, you can join a Blue Planet Rescue Diver class and update your training.
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or Junior Rescue Diver certification (or other internationally recognized training agency)
- CPR and First Aid training (like Emergency First Response or DAN Basic Life Support: CPR & First Aid) within the past 24 months
- Standard dive equipment
- Pocket mask
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- View the PADI Rescue Diver DVD
- Diving Accident Management Work Slate
- Log book
- $125 includes open water exercises and scenarios with instructor. Divers are responsible for travel/entry fees to site where open water dives and scenarios are held. Rental equipment is available.