IDC Staff Instructor
Just as scuba divers look up to divemasters, instructor candidates really respect IDC Staff Instructors. As the name implies, IDC Staff Instructors assist with instructor training and share their wisdom and experience with new PADI leaders. Taking the IDC Staff Instructor course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI Professionals. It’s also a great career move.
What IDC Staff Instructors can do
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors (at PADI Five Star Dive Centers or PADI Five Star Dive Resorts).
- Conduct IDC training segments while the Course Director is available on premises for consultation.
- Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
- Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
- Assist with training during instructor-level continuing education programs.
What you will learn
After a preassessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
- Instructor development standards, procedures and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit an IDC or practice teaching many curriculum components.
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Emergency First Response Instructor