The Rescue Diver Course is the most challenging and rewarding continuing education course you will find! You will be trained to look beyond yourself and consider the safety and well-being of other divers. This is an exciting way to build your confidence and dive skills.
This course is scenario-based and will familiarize you with the fundamentals of scuba rescue techniques ranging from problem recognition and prevention to the recovery and evacuation of injured divers. The twelve open water exercises conducted in a local lake are designed to make you a more self-sufficient and aware buddy.
What You Learn
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems before they happen and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. You will be trained in self-rescue and diver stress, AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems, diving first aid, swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques, emergency management and equipment, panicked diver response, underwater problems, missing diver procedures, surfacing an unconscious diver, in-water rescue breathing protocols, exits, and first aid procedures for pressure related accidents.
- Minimum age: 12
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification or Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or other internationally recognized training agency)
- CPR and First Aid training (like Emergency First Response or DAN Basic Life Support: CPR & First Aid) within the past 24 months
- Standard dive equipment
- Pocket mask
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- View the PADI Rescue Diver DVD
- Diving Accident Management Work Slate
- Log book
- $395 includes all materials and open water exercises and scenarios with instructor. Students are responsible for travel/entry fees to site where open water dives and scenarios are held. Rental equipment is available.
Has it been a while since your Rescue Diver class? Keep your skills sharp with a Rescue Refresher!